Thursday, September 30, 2010

SPD and 30 Stories in 30 Days

Hartley Steiner, a wonderful advocate for Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD), has put together a month long event to help raise awareness for SPD.  Her "30 Stories in 30 Days" campaign will feature a collection of stories from parents and professionals about their experience with SPD and the many challenges that the individual and their families face on a daily basis.  Please click to view the background for the event as well as the amazing prizes people can win.

The fundraiser also aims to procure donations for the SPD Foundation and I have added a widget to the upper corner of my blog (see it over there at the right?) which makes it easy to donate to this great cause.

I am excited to have an entry featured for this project and it will be posted the morning of October 7.  Writing the story was emotional for me and I trust that people will get a good sense of how much our son's sensory issues have impacted our lives.  I am proud to be a part of the event and hope you will find the time to read all of the stories that are featured.   

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lou,

    Thank you for posting about my event and a big thank you for adding the ChipIn to your blog. That's awesome.

    I wanted to let you know that Gavin Bollard, amazing father to two boys with Autism and blogger at Life-with-aspergers.blogspot.com has agreed to do a guest post for my event as well -- I encourage you to check out his blog -- if you haven't already! Happy to have another dad onboard!

    Thanks again Lou,
    Hartley
    www.hartleysboys.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to post the link to it when it's up.

    ReplyDelete